Monday, October 31, 2005

Purple Haze

purple haze
all in my brain

lately things
don't seem the same

"What these frat kids did—it was nothing. Except that the kid died, it was nothing. Nothing, compared to me. I almost died. Several times, I know, I almost died. For football. In football practice."

actin' funny
but I don't know why
scuse me
while i kiss the sky

"And yet, still, when you look at how the longer-term veterans razz the newbies—and there's a lot of that both in my book and in the film—partly it's just standard fraternity hazing, but part of it, too, I'm convinced, is that they can't believe these kids were so stupid as to fall for all that crap and end up in this hellhole, and they're punishing them out of their own projected sense of ever having been such fools as to fall for it themselves."

purple haze
all around
don't know if I'm
comin' up or down
am I happy
or in misery

"Sadism functions through institutions as well as through individuals, and the determination of this administration to treat its enemies in this manner represents moral perversion in its use of national power: not only to impose an American policy on its enemies but to degrade and humiliate them. This clearly is the will of this government with respect to those who stand in its way. Enemies are not simply to be defeated; they are to be annihilated, morally as well as physically. To destroy is to affirm one's own power: he dies, I am enhanced by his death."

purple haze
all in my eyes

don't know
if it's day or night


"Did I hurt you?"
"I'm cold," Snowden whimpered. "I'm cold."
"There, there," Yossarian said. "There, there."
"I'm cold. I'm cold."
"There, there. There, there"

you got me blowin'
blowin' my mind
is it tomorrow
or just the end of time

Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all.

"I'm cold," Snowden said. "I'm cold."

"There, there," said Yossarian. "There, there." He pulled the rip cord of Snowden's parachute and covered his body with the white nylon sheets.

"I'm cold."
"There, there."

4 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

3:02 AM  
Blogger kyle phillup said...

Hi, I found your blog here to be very interesting so I told a couple friends. I think it's great and quite interesting so I bookmarked it. Hope you don't mind...
(Anyone on this blog should post a comment and come back often!)
I also have a site with free
french kissing tips related content, plus a blog if you want to check them out.

Great work on this blog here, and keep it!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

3:41 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home